Vicki Raeburn is the owner of Raeburn consulting. She has a broad background in global business, having held general management positions as well as operations, strategic planning, and product management positions. Prior to creating her consultancy, she was Senior Vice President of Information & Insight Operations at IHS, Inc. (NYSE: IHS). At IHS, she led an 850+ person global team responsible for information and analytical content creation. She created a quality program for customers and colleagues that increased customers satisfaction with information quality by more than twenty percent while significantly reducing product discounting. And, she led two major asset rationalization exercises for IHS.Some of her other significant accomplishments include:
- Senior Vice President and Chief Quality Officer at D&B (NYSE: DNB) where she managed a global team of approximately 3,000 people. She led a $100 million cost reduction program while simultaneously improving both employee engagement scores and customer satisfaction quality metrics. She also worked with the CEO to create and deploy D&B’s first customer-facing quality program, driving customer retention.
- President and Chief Operating Officer of Mergent, which was a $40 million business with assets acquired from Moody’s.
- Executive Director, Primark, Inc. where she served as senior strategic advisor to CEO and coordinated integration efforts among Primark’s information businesses.
- Vice President at Knight-Ridder Financial Information, where she was responsible for acquiring, rationalizing, and delivering all fixed income and economic data.
- Vice President at Standard & Poor’s, where she had a range of positions including strategic planning officer for the S&P Ratings Group, general manager of the CUSIP division, and managing director of a Eurobond trading service.
- At NYU’s Stern School, Vicki taught courses in Strategy and in Organizational Behavior. At Vassar, she taught courses in Statistics and in Cognitive Psychology.
She was a member of the Board of Directors of MD On-Line (acquired by Ability, Inc. in 2014). She served for ten years on the New College of Florida Board of Trustees and she has been a member of the Board of the New College Foundation since 1994, serving as Chair of the Foundation for four years. She currently chairs the Investment Committee.
She received her B.A. from New College and her Ph.D. from Yale University.